I have been thinking about the great learnings I've had in the past 3 decades in business as an entrepreneur.
I am privileged to have represented over 100 of the world's top speakers and I have modelled what makes the very best of them successful.
And, I implemented these strategies and behaviours over time.
You see, there have been years when I kicked massive goals, was awarded the Business Review Weekly (BRW) Fast 100 Companies for 3 consecutive years in a row, produced 4,508-person events, held 1206 events in 7 countries and there have been years when I struggled, wondering how to pay the rent and wages.
When noticing what these entrepreneurs did differently I observed a key distinction. They did the following things consistently.
Whenever I did the same, my results were phenomenal.
Here are the top 10 behaviours and habits of highly successful entrepreneurs:
- 1They live their passion and continue to learn to be the best at what they do.
- 2They FOCUS, manage their time well and get a couple of the highest priorities done every day, while still allowing time for reflection. They don't spend endless hours on social media and allow this to distract them.
- 3They give excellent customer service and respond promptly. They know who their target market audience is.
- 4They have supportive beliefs about success and wealth, no matter what's going on in the economy they know they will succeed.
- 5They work alongside a skilled team, who they treat with care and they lead, coach and inspire them with their vision and mission.
- 6They have a personal "why" that drives them forward.
- 7They collaborate with others, in Joint Ventures, focused on a win/win outcome and they have developed their network. This creates massive leverage and allows a wide transmission of their ideas.
- 8They invest in ongoing personal and professional development, such as marketing, financial and mindset courses.
- 9They do "what ever it takes" even if it means working long hours.
- 10They keep expenses low and track key metrics.
I believe we all need help in business via a sounding board of a trusted group of mentors, coaches and people in our network. Someone to share ideas with and to give you feedback. This is without a doubt one of the most important things you can implement, especially if you work alone.
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the points above, or have any feedback.