As a business owner, do you ever feel stuck or isolated, with no one to brainstorm with and run ideas by?
Do you sometimes think running a business is just too difficult? If so, then you are not alone.
I have met many business owners who have felt exactly the same way! This is something I can relate to as well.
Many times in my 30+ years in business, I found myself wondering, what do I do, who do I turn to, how do I find a good coach or mentor who's been through and overcome, the challenges I am facing.
Fortunately, along the way, I found a solution that has worked for me time and time again and I'm sure it could work for you too.
Attending live seminars and events.
I’ve learned a great deal by attending numerous live events and seminars. What I have taken away from these events in terms of practical knowledge, skills and paradigm shifts, has definitely contributed to my business and personal success.
During my first year in the seminar business, I attended an event led by marketing legend, Jay Abraham. This one day event cost $1,000 which was a significant investment for me at the time. Although I had a few concerns, I took a leap and reserved my spot, because I knew how important it was to learn to market my business.
This event turned out to be one of the best investments I EVER made. By repeatedly implementing just 3 of the many strategies, I more than covered my original investment. To this day, I continue to use these marketing strategies and I've seen my revenues multiply many times over, as a result.
Here's 9 points for how attending live events and seminars will help you to grow your business:
- 1You'll find that there are many experts, who are passionate about sharing their knowledge and expertise with others. They hold events to help people like you to get to the next level in business and to achieve your goals.
- 2It's likely you will experience a major breakthrough and be able to see your problems from a solution standpoint. When you are in a learning environment exposed to new ideas and surrounded by inspiring people, it's conducive to finding solutions to your problems. Einstein said "A problem cannot be solved with the same mindset that created it".
- 3Depending on the event, you may have the opportunity to ask the speaker or their support team questions. Why reinvent the wheel when someone else can guide you, which will fast track your results.
- 4At many events, you get to work on your business challenges right there and then, particularly if it's a longer training of two days or more. Many events are structured to include a few "hot seats". A hot seat, is where a participant is invited to interact with the speaker on stage, to demonstrate how they can apply the strategies being taught to the participant's business. It's like having a mentor or coach solely focused on you. As an observer, you learn from seeing how the demonstration can apply to your business. This is GOLD!
- 5You can meet and connect with like-minded people, many who are probably experiencing the same kind of problems you are. The kind of networking that takes place at these events, can help you to overcome a "state of paralysis". Just knowing that your situation is not unique and witnessing others share their breakthroughs is inspiring. You will leave feeling more confident and believing "I can do it too".
- 6Many times these events offer opportunities to collaborate with other business owners, in Joint Venture partnerships. You may meet someone at an event who has a client list that fits your target audience and there is a good chance you may have something of value to offer them in return. You meet people at these events, who share your experience which makes it a lot easier to form a meaningful relationship. There is nothing like face-to-face interaction for building trust. People are more likely to do business with people they like, know and trust.
- 7The speaker may offer a more advanced level of education, that you may decide to take advantage of. An example of this is a Mastermind, which usually consists of a small, intimate group of people being guided by an expert to brainstorm ideas and and find solutions to their business problems.
- 8At many of the events I've hosted, the speaker encouraged the attendees to team up with another person at the event, to be their "accountability buddy". An "accountability buddy" helps you to follow through on implementing strategies and ideas you learn at the event. By taking this kind of concrete action, in a timely manner and having someone hold you accountable, can make a big difference to your results.
- 9Last but not least, a well-delivered event is often entertaining. It will hold your interest, inspire and motivate you to grow your business. The information learned will undoubtedly enhance your skill level, while boosting your self confidence.
These are by no means all the benefits to your business, when you attend live events or seminars. Overall, they can help you to grow your business, because remember, it only takes ONE idea executed well, to multiply your results.
If you are hosting your own event or seminar, you may want to share this post with your clients and or followers, to encourage them to take the time to invest in their own education.